Friday, April 04, 2008

ready for the weekend



You might remember this post a while ago that introduced Casxio. It's not something I would normally post, but it's quite hip, I can feel it. They just released a four-song EP, featuring their hit "Seventeen." You can catch them April 22 in Vegas at the Beatles Revolution Lounge.

Casxio - My Book
DOWNLOAD


This one drops from fluo kids:

Housemeister - In Order to Dance
DOWNLOAD


Somewhat disco-housy, the group Ice Cream hails from Berlin. This first one's on the verge of being progressive, but it isn't quite as fast or driving. The second one has some sweet guitar riffs, but I really like the back beat behind it all.

Ice Cream - Rockerz
DOWNLOAD

Ice Cream - On My Mind
DOWNLOAD


I really like how sometimes you just run across a song and it grabs you in. It happens to you too, you know it. And right now I'm talking about The Whip. But the song I'm putting down is a remix by Crystal Castles, who I'm sure some of you have heard of. Definitely worth the download.

The Whip - Divebomb (Crystal Castles Remix)
DOWNLOAD


Now for something completely different, you gotta check out DJ Vajra. Some great scratchin' skills in this preview. If you like what you hear you can check out his myspace for some previous mixes.

DJ Vajra - Showin' Off (Preview) (3:56)
DOWNLOAD

No comments: