Thursday, January 03, 2008

late mix wednesday

Technically it's Thursday morning, but who cares? A few songs for you to enjoy, some you've heard, some you've haven't ( all zshare).

Disco Hospital-My Blood is all Drained
Found this on gomiheartelectric and I was like, yeah! Totally caught my attention. Seriously take a minute out for this one.

DJ Mehdi-Lucky Boy (Radar Remix)
Fantastic DJ Mehdi remix. At first I thought, oh, this is going to be like the 100 Chromeo "Needy Girl" remixes. But it's not. Radar dropped the tempo a little and made it less harsh. Not that Lucky Boy were ever harsh in the first place, but it's used for lack of better words.

Classixx-Cold Act III (Radio Edit)
[EDIT]By far one of my favorites at the moment. And I totally thought it was Uffie until someone recently noted that it's not. Seriously, I need to get better information from people beforer I post this stuff. Anyway, enjoy. It's a good one.

Romanthony-Colins Ave
Romanthony is a faint artist who is actually very well known if you do your homework: he sang for Daft Punk's "One More Time" and "Too Long". I love this because of the jazzy guitar that takes on the melody. The low vocals and steady but smooth beat are just another reason as to why I hope 2008 leads to more minimal, lo-fi electronic music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uffie? what the hell? that sample in "Cold Act Ill" is Roxanne Shante...

.... said...

I've been wanting to post Cold Act... for aaaaaages. Such a hot track. Love the line "Call back ill or get retarded". Genius. They used to be called 'Young Americans' by the way.
Great post.