Wednesday, January 02, 2008

predictions from the palms of blog-house.

So instead of creating the "best-of" 2007 list, I'm listing my predictions of what's to come for 2008. Granted I'm still a newborn in this blog-house [which, thanks to my readers, I now have a much clearer definition of] but I hope you read this list and take it for what my opinion is for 2008, and what I'd like music to evolve into. If you're big into the 2008 predictions you can check out 20 jazz funk greats who created a nice list with great explanations for their predictions.

Disco-House
It's something that's been around for almost 30 years and has the ability to keep reinventing itself. Italo-disco had a big breakthrough in 2007, particuarly with the emergence of Glass Candy. I also stumbled upon the wonderful blog solid goldberger which has great vinyl rips that you can stream and download. My prediciton for disco-house? Anything off of Radius Records, especially the Camaro’s Gang - Fuerza Major mix that starts of the list on their myspace.

Ed Banger Records
Ed Banger will continue to explode. There's really not much else to say here. I believe their family is getting bigger and bigger and there's no way to stop it.

Blog-House
It's become quite aparent to me that blog house is all around and I've fall victim to it. After multiple blog-rolls throughout the day [because I have nothing better to do with my time] I can always click on palms out and find everything that I had just been viewing on one simple sunday mix. It never ceases to amaze me. So then I asked myself the question of why I even bother looking anywhere else? I suppose it's the feeling you get when you find that ONE track on that ONE german/american/hip hop/graphic design blog of sorts and you can say to yourself, ahhhh I found this one before anybody else did. But really, you didn't, and I didn't. If it's on the internet there are a thousand people that know about it and have known for quite some time. But that's how music gets spread around from person to person. Those that take the time to do the research end up with the best results. My prediction for blog-house in 2008? It's going to get more nasty, funky, and poppin that it has ever been before. Blog-house has not yet reached it's zenith. I can see The Bloody Beetroots going many many places, hence the Italian tour with Justice that they just finished up. I've been seeing "Paparazzi pop up quite a bit recently. Seems as if he's already performed with just about EVERYONE [Boyz Noize, Diplo, DFA 1979 and A-Trak].

Graphic Design
In many ways it seems that your blog or myspace can make your music seem better if you've got a good graphic designer behind you. Hey, nothing like a little jump on the competition, right? All music genres have a certain style that seems to fall into place with the music. The best example I can give is Remixalone, who's graphic design style is quintessential of the culture that has risen in the past few years. [Just check out Steed Lord] Another popular designer is Atronig, who created the banner for fluokids.

Last but not least...
Kanye will dominate. 50 will retreat to a private island and will never be heard of again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Sara! This is Yuedon.
I started my own blog too.

http://designsence.net/blog/
I used to have this wordpress blog for a while, but I never really used it that much.

http://cartes.tistory.com
I think for this one I will use a lot more; and I am going to have a lot more posts in English too. So please come visit sometimes and leave comments on my posts.

See you!

Anonymous said...

you forgot about another popular and great graphic artist.
Ronald from ElectrikSuicide :)