Thursday, March 06, 2008

spring break baby.

I'm going to Chicago! It's about damn time, for real. Less than a week...

But in the mean time, I found this off disco workout. I've been a fan of Squarepusher for quite some time now, and it's nice to hear somebody do a remix of him. Some of the electronic "hits" that I've been seeing on the blog-roll are lacking luster. I feel that a push towards remixing a song that's been out of mainstream minds for a while is much more desirable than the billion Hot Chip remixes or Boys Noize edits that are spamming the electro-cosmos. Now don't get me wrong, there are some remixes out there that are fantastic, such as Boys Noize's remix of Cut Copy's "Lights and Music," which I can't seem to get out of my head. But switch it up a bit. Challenge your listener. Make them think "now where have I heard that synth line/bass beat/horn section before?" To me, that's the most satisfying part of being a "listener." So check this out, tell Johnatron what you think, and then grab those dusty vinyls in your closet and put them to use.

Squarepusher - My Red Hot Car (Johnatron Edit) (zShare)
DOWNLOAD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love you.


Johnatron